Monday, August 5, 2013

Creative Cake Mix-ing - Fudge Brownie Pops

This is the beginning of a new type of post that will appear on my blog - called Creative Cake Mix-ing. Here, I'll show you how to make delicious treats out of basic cake mixes. Today, that treat is the Fudge Brownie Pop.

Last Christmas, my family was generously gifted with lots of delicious cake mixes by King Arthur Flour. I loved the Cranberry Orange Muffins mix, but the one I really fell in love with were the Fabulous Fudge Brownie Mix.



I'm usually not a fan of cake mixes, but I give my stamp of approval to King Arthur Flour mixes. They actually taste fabulous, like the box says. Actually, I got so into these brownies at one point, I made a stop motion video showing me making them.

I ordered a couple more boxes of the mix so now I get their catalog, which gives me free recipes and insight on the various tools used in the baking world. Yay!




Today, I will show you how I made brownie pops using the King Arthur Flour Fabulous Fudge Brownie Mix with chocolate coating (and the mini crock pot I got for $4.50! So cheap. So useful.)

And if you haven't read my past post How (Not) To Make Cake Pops, click the link to learn about my fun adventure making cake pops for the first time. Or read my book review on the book that inspired me to start making cake pops.

The back of the box will provide instructions on how to make cake-type brownies or fudge-type brownies. I always make the fudge-type.



--
Fudge Brownie Pops

Ingredients
King Arthur Flour Fabulous Fudge Brownie Mix
ingredients called for on box for fudge-type brownies
chocolate chips
vegetable oil
cake pop sticks
sprinkles

Directions
1. Follow the instructions on the box of cake mix.
2. As the brownies are baking, melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a mini crock pot.
3. When the brownies are done baking, allow to cool, then form into tablespoon sized balls. Refrigerate.
4. Dip the tip of a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate coating and insert into brownie ball. Dip into chocolate coating and decorate with sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining brownie balls. Enjoy! :)



Alternatively, you can also pour the brownie batter into a mini muffin pan and make mini brownie cakes! :)

--
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments :

09 10