Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer 2013 Baking Party #4: Classic Cinnamon Rolls

Hello again! Yesterday Nysha had volunteering so the weekly baking party was postponed for a day. However, Esther also has volunteering today, so she had to miss it. Although, I have a hunch Esther doesn't as thoroughly enjoy baking parties as much as we do. But I'm sure she likes eating the results, so it's a win-win.

For our fourth summer baking party, we decided on making Cinnamon Rolls. (We also made Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcakes but ended up freezing it and saving them for later. We should be making them next Monday, so be on the lookout!)

We followed the recipe as closely as possible, and it turned out great. The only issue we ran into was with the frosting. I don't have confectioner's sugar, so I used a trick I learned in which you put the sugar in a blender - it'll make the pieces smaller and it measures out to be the same.


However, I guess I didn't do this well enough and the pieces were still too big...so you could taste the chunks of sugar in the frosting. I've had this problem when I make cupcake frosting too, so I don't why I didn't foresee this happening. (Forgive me, I'm learning.) Oh well, frosting isn't good for you and the cinnamon rolls were still delicious.




Nutritional Benefits of Cinnamon
As usual, I like to research the health benefits of the food I make, so here's what I found about cinnamon:
Cinnamon has the highest antioxidant strength of all foods in nature.
Cinnamon also prevents clogging in the blood vessels, and in turn, prevents stroke, peripheral arterial and coronary artery diseases.

Thanks for reading! :)

Matthew 21:22

1 comment :

  1. ROLLS ARE SO CUTE & FLUFFY <3
    there are no words to express my undying love for them /WEEPS

    ReplyDelete

09 10