Our last baking party was a success (read about it here), so about a week later, Esther, Nysha, and I were able to bake again at my house.
After a sad attempt at making a bento box, we moved on to muffin-making. We followed this recipe. Here's our slight variation of it:
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
Yield: 20 muffins
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
12 oz fresh strawberries, diced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Whipped cream (optional)
Fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
1) Sift together 1 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the lemon zest.
2) Cream the butter. Gradually cream in the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
3) Toss the strawberries with 1/4 cup of flour. Mix into the batter.
4) Pour the batter into 20 muffin liners, about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5) Top muffins with whipped cream and fresh strawberry slices.
Thanks to Nysha for taking super artsy pictures with her amazing photography skills! (I tried and it was not pretty.)
Here are some more pictures of vanilla cupcakes that are to be used in my cupcake bouquet (coming up!):
A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.
Read about all the baking parties this summer:
The Nysha (and sometimes Esther) Series: